|revitalising night cream by Stella Crown|
The chef today recommends you a lift effect night cream that will make you literally shine! The night is ideal for skin care because:
- the night enhances the collagen production
- the night renews and creates new skin cells
- the night neutralise free radicals
For all these reasons, I created a revitalising night cream, using ingredients with vitamin C & omega-3, omega-6, omega-9 fatty acids, in order to renew and give glow to our skin.
Special guest: the Dragon’s Blood!!! Active ingredient with amazing properties, derived from the tree Croton lechleri, native of South America. The tree is popular because it emits a resinous juice, a kind of natural latex which has red colour and seems like blood. The Dragon’s Blood, this unique red natural latex is ideal for cuts, bites, burns, rashes, abrasions, wounds and injuries. It is rich in antioxidant phenols and anti-inflammatory compounds, substances that protect skin cells and reduce redness and swelling. It also contains a complex of proteins, called proanthocyanidins, which actually repair collagen, the lattice-like main protein that makes up much of our tissues. Additionally, Dragon’s blood contains taspine, a known tissue-healing agent. The sap also demonstrates antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal activity. This is why Dragon’s blood is so widely used on infectious skin conditions of all kinds with great success.
recipe for ~100 g/ 3.5 oz
cosmetic phase a:
7 g/ 0.25 oz camelia sinensis oil
7 g/ 0.25 oz carrot tissue oil
5 g/ 0.18 oz shea butter
4 g/ 0.14 oz argan oil
4 g/ 0.14 oz emulsifying wax (e-wax)
3 g/ 0.11 oz beeswax
cosmetic phase b:
20 g/ 0.71 oz orange floral water
10 g/ 0.35 oz jasmine floral water
5 g/ 0.18 oz ylang ylang floral water
15 g/ 0.53 oz aloe vera gel
cosmetic phase c:
4 g/ 0.14 oz evening primrose oil
5 g/ 0.18 oz vegetable silicone
5 g/ 0.18 oz provitamin B5 (d-panthenol)
2 g/ 0.07 oz dragon’s blood
2 g/ 0.07 oz vegetable collagen
1 g/ 0.04 oz liquid vitamin C
2 g/ 0.07 oz vitamin E
1 g/ 0.04 oz vitamin A
1 g/ 0.04 oz natural preservative
cosmetic phase d:
10 drops orange essential oil
8 drops bergamot essential oil
8 drops jasmine essential oil
4 drops neroli essential oil
2 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- We follow the cosmetic cream preparation procedure which you can find, here.
- Camelia sinensis oil is derived from white tea, it’s light and is absorbed by the skin right away. It discloses almost the same viscosity with jojoba oil. It stimulates the skin elasticity, regulates the metabolism of skin cells and soothes the irritated skin. It’ s ideal for oily and acne prone skin types usually.
- Carrot tissue oil is rich in vitamins C & A, hydrates and nourishes, contributes effectively to the skin regeneration, it tightens, it tones the skin elasticity and fights free radicals.
- Shea butter contains in its composition large amounts of omega-6 and omega-9 unsaturated fatty acids, but also saturated, such as palmitic and stearic acids, which retain the natural moisture of the skin, while stimulate its elasticity.
- Argan oil is rich also in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, it combats dryness and free radicals and oxygenates cells and skin tissues.
- Evening primrose oil enters in the third phase because of its sensitivity. It exhibits extremely high amounts of fatty acids, particularly linoleic and gamma linolenic acid. It also contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E, it has anti-aging properties and moisturises even the most dehydrated skin.
- Beeswax has soothing, healing and anti-inflammatory properties and stimulates the skin elasticity. It forms a hydro-lipid on the skin which keeps the moisture within normal limits and thus prevents the dehydration.
- Orange floral water refreshes and it’s an excellent tonic for the face as it restores shine and softness to the skin, jasmin floral water has anti-wrinkle and emollient properties while ylang ylang floral water is added for its divine fragrance.. ok, it revitalises also the tired skin.
- The aloe vera gel is the pharmacy of nature itself. It has infinite soothing and softening properties.
- Vegetable silicone is an amazing marine active ingredient which is derived from the seaweed Chondrus crispus. It stimulates the hydro-lipidic film of the skin without clogging pores, protects from dehydration and leaves on the skin a silky texture.
- Vegetable collagen is actually a glycoprotein extract. It smoothes the skin, moisturises deeply and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Provitamin B5 (d- panthenol) provides rich and deep hydration, heals and soothes the skin and fights aging, vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant substance which protects the skin from the damage caused by free radicals while vitamin A regenerates skin cells and repairing even the deepest wrinkles. Vitamin C restore firmness, enhancing the collagen production and makes us shine day and night!
- Citrus essential oils contribute to collagen production and elevate the mood with their fragrances that they give off. Jasmin essential oil has anti-aging properties while ylang ylang moisturises and heals the skin.