|facial lotion for oily & acne-prone skin types by Stella Crown|
If your skin suffers from acne or greasiness, you are not alone.
If you belong to the category of people who refuse to choose expensive pharmaceutical ointments or pills with ingredients you can not even pronounce, then you are in the right blog 😊
Today I will post my own face lotion, which I use daily and I do not change it for any reason. I never had facial acne, but I had on my back and with this recipe, I avoided the chemistry that dermatologists once suggested to me. In combination with a nice handmade lavender soap, I regulated the pH and I completely cured my skin once for all.
recipe for ~ 100 g| 3.5 oz
cosmetic phase a:
6 g | 0.21 oz lavender extract in jojoba oil
5 g | 0.18 oz grape seed oil
5 g | 0.18 oz fractionated coconut oil
3 g | 0.11 oz olivem (e-wax)
1 g | 0.04 oz cetyl alcohol
cosmetic phase b:
40 g | 1.4 oz witch hazel floral water
18 g | 0.63 oz chamomile floral water
10 g | 0.35 oz lavender floral water
10 g | 0.35 oz aloe vera gel
cosmetic phase c:
5 g | 0.21 oz seboreductyl
2 g | 0.07 oz snail slime
2 g | 0.07 oz helichrysum extract
1 g | 0.04 oz vitamin E
1 g | 0.04 oz natural preservative
cosmetic phase d:
8 drops lavender essential oil
6 drops chamomile essential oil
2 drops tea tree essential oil
- Before we start making our lotion, we sterilise tools, containers, working surface while we wear our gloves.
- We follow the cosmetic cream preparation procedure which you can find here.
- This lotion does not need much analysis because it is simply amazing from the synergy of oils, herbs, active ingredients and essential oils. However, we have beginners in the group, so I shall explain why this lotion is the best for your oily or acne-prone skin:
- Lavender is involved in all phases such as oil, water and essential oil for its antiseptic, healing and antibacterial properties. It provides strong regenerative action. For the oily phase, lavender was extracted into jojoba oil which resembles the composition of human sebum and is absorbed directly without leaving greasiness, offering moisture, protection and a multitude of vitamins.
- Grape seed oil is rich in linoleic acid, rejuvenates cells and skin tissues, hydrates deeply and is immediately absorbed while fractionated coconut oil restores the natural pH of the skin without clogging the pores.
- Witch hazel floral water is astringent, stimulates and tightens, chamomile floral water is anti-inflammatory and soothing while aloe vera gel softens the skin and heals the inflammations.
- Seboreductyl acts as a sebum regulator and pore reducer which bases its action on mushroom extract and on B complex vitamins. It reduces pore size and gives matte effect on the skin.
- Snail slime promotes collagen and elastin production, removes dead cells with polysaccharides which hydrate the skin in depth, while helichrysum extract, is rich in flavonoids and acetophenols, regenerates and protects the skin.
- Vitamin E protects the skin from the destruction caused by free radicals while the combination of essential oils gives a final product with soothing and disinfecting action.
Make this lotion and combine its application with a natural soap.